Michael Smikun exposes liars and upholds the truth. He was an indispensable leader in successfully obtaining a $33 million and $27.6 million dollar jury verdicts, making Callagy Law one of only two law firms in the country to have two top 100 national jury verdicts in 3 years, including the largest jury verdict in the state of Arizona in 2016 and two eight-figure punitive damage awards. He also successfully argued and won two United States Circuit Court of Appeals decision in the Third and Ninth Circuit. In 2015 alone, he successfully recovered over $500,000 in employment discrimination matters. Michael spearheads our litigation department for Business Litigation and two Medical Revenue Recovery divisions. Michael attacks every matter with immense caring, unstoppable urgency and ferocious aggression that inspires his team to do the same.
When not aggressively attacking cases or developing his team, you will often find Michael watching and quoting movies from the ‘90s, reading and reciting every piece of trivia he can find, and spending time with his daughter and trying to convince her that Star Wars is the greatest film in history.
- Seton Hall University School of Law. Doctor of Law (J.D.).
- Baruch College- Bachelor of Business
- Administration (B.B.A.) with concentration in Finance and Investments.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
©2020 PINTO LÉGAL
99, Rue Prince, bureau 601